Friday 10 December 2010

Self Care.

This week I came to realise that I have sorely neglected myself practically all year in many different areas, what with illness, death and other tragic circumstances I have given little time to myself.  I had been contemplating a memorial tattoo for some time now and this week I felt I had really come to a decision about what I wanted.  So, I had the tattoo you see in the picture done yesterday, the writing is Irish Gaelic and means My Mother ~ My Heart a sentiment that I very much wanted to convey in the whole piece or artwork, it spans the inside of my right forearm and I am absolutely delighted with the result.

This inspired me to take a look at another issue sorely neglected this year, my hair!  I havent had it trimmed for well over 9 months now and it was really looking a disgrace, so this morning I trundled off to my trusty hairdresser and she gave me a well deserved and much overdue funky radical new hairstyle.  Again, I am delighted with the result and feel so much better.

I have been reflecting over the last hour or so about how much depression takes out of me, I neglect myself so badly, for such long periods of time, its heartbreaking really when I think about it.

But, on a very positive note, the self care I have practised this week has made me feel so much better about myself and I end this week very much on a great, positive and confident level.

YAY me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment